Sales Manager UK
About The Position
Excelero, a disruptor in software-defined block storage, delivers low-latency distributed block storage for web-scale applications. Our software is deployed by major web-scale customers, for data analytics and machine learning applications, for video post-production and in HPC environments.
Excelero’s NVMesh enables shared NVMe across any network and supports any local or distributed file system. With NVMesh, customers benefit from the performance of local flash with the convenience of centralized storage while avoiding proprietary hardware lock-in and reducing the overall storage TCO.
1) Generates revenue by developing market potential through forecasting, lead generation, qualification, and closing sales; recommending existing and
new products into the UK market.
2) Initiates sales process by scheduling appointments; making initial presentation; understanding account requirements.
3) Specific Activities should include, but are not limited to:
a. Driving revenue in your territory through customer targeting, identification, and communication of Excelero technology, and its application value.
b. Expands sales in existing accounts and prospects by introducing Excelero NVMesh
c. Develops new business by analyzing account potential; initiating, developing, and closing sales; recommending new applications and sales strategies.
d. Identifies development potential in accounts by studying current business; interviewing key customer personnel and company personnel who have
worked with customer; identifying and evaluating additional needs; analyzing opportunities.
e. Initiates sales process by building relationships; qualifying potential; scheduling appointments.
f. Contributes information to market strategy by monitoring competitive products and reactions from accounts.
g. Working closely with both OEM channel, as well as Excelero direct channel, and other partners (e.g. technology partners), to drive and fulfill
opportunities in your territory.
h. Identifying and participating in appropriate marketing activities designed to increase demand and awareness for Excelero products.
i. Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
j. Carrying out and completing all related tasks required by the Manager, such as forecasting through SalesForce, forecast calls, and periodic reports.
- 10-12 years’ experience working as Enduser Sales (preferably Enterprise Storage, Start-up environment)
- New business/market development skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Entrepreneurial - flexible, optimistic, problem-solving approach to work
- Leadership and Initiative - proactive in dealing with issues, does the right thing without being asked
- Self-starter with a can-do attitude
- High sense of urgency in meeting goals and deadlines
- Strong end user/customer orientation
- Solid understanding of industry trends
- Additional language skills welcome
- Background and Experience with Enterprise Channel and cooperation with technology partner
The Sales Manager operates as the Excelero representative for Excelero in the UK. The EMEA sales team is managed by the VP Sales EMEA, who operates out of Germany and are part of a global community focused on supporting Excelero and Partner Sales Teams.