Reducing NVMe TCO for Predix Cloud with 70%
“Excelero has created a unique software-only architecture that allows the industry to use NVMe to the full potential, at cloud scale.”
—Darren Haas, head of cloud engineering at GE
- Industrial Internet of Things with cloud servers
- Digital Twin: simulation of real-world machinery
- Build a scalable, high-performance storage tier, adaptable to different workloads
- Optimize utilization of NVMe drives from 25% to 85%
Excelero NVMesh gives applications access to NVMe SSDs across the network at local speeds, enabling maximum capacity & performance utilization.
Simplifying Storage Infrastructures for Video on Demand workflows
- High-speed transcoding for hundreds of titles in dozens of different formats
- Scale-out Edge Services that support glitch-free viewing for millions of end users
- User behavior analytics for personalized advertising
- Legacy storage infrastructure has become too complex to manage efficiently
- Poor capacity utilization when using NVMe flash
- Traditional storage not fit for new services
NVMesh by Excelero enables Hulu to consolidate storage tiers and deploy Server SAN for multiple workloads in support of their Video On Demand business.
Pooling NVMe enables new Science use cases at NASA
“By reducing random access latency to large data sets, humans can interact with the computing environment in a more natural fashion”
- Large-scale modeling, simulation, analysis and visualization
- Visualizes supercomputer simulation data on 128 monitors from a 128 node cluster
- Interactive work is generally small IOs
- Introduction of high-performance local NVMe SSDs create the problem of data locality
NVMesh by Excelero enables NASA to create a petabyte-scale unified pool of high-performance flash distributed retaining the speeds and latencies of directly-attached media.
High-performance Server-SAN for video analytics
“Excelero’s NVMesh has dramatically shortened the time it takes to complete analytics on large data sets – allowing us to accelerate the analytics process for our users, and making our solution far more competitive.”
—Francis Au, CEO at VIVAVO
- Vivavo Video System: Intelligent video analytics platform for CCTV that delivers valuable insights from on-site camera footage – requires low-latency, high IOPs storage at scale
- Storage performance & scalability requirements of video
analytics platform could not be met by existing software-defined
VVS is powered by a “smart console” recording and management server with Excelero’s NVMesh for “hot data” real-time data analysis of video captured in the field by a low-cost device and IP video camera, linked to cloud storage and backup capability.