Western Digital NVMesh Solutions
Leveraging Excelero’s NVMesh elastic NVMe technology, the Western Digital high-performance Ultrastar Serv24-4N NVMe Storage Server provides superior performance, parity-based data protection, and improved storage efficiency to enable customers avoid further investments in new networking technologies. The Ultrastar Serv24-4N NVMe Storage Server combines the speed of NVMe SSDs with a quad-server architecture in a 2U package, to deliver high density storage and extreme performance.
- Enables existing applications to access pooled NVMe storage across a network at local speeds and latencies.
- Enables 100% hyper converged infrastructure by full logical disaggregation of storage and compute.
- Distributed block storage enables customers to leverage NVMe at scale without having to change workflows.
- Delivers deterministic performance that scales linearly at near 100% efficiency.
Powered by Excelero NVMesh
NVMesh is a Software-Defined Block Storage solution that features Elastic NVMe, a distributed block layer that allows unmodified applications to utilize pooled NVMe storage devices across a network at local speeds and latencies.
Distributed NVMe storage resources are pooled with the ability to create arbitrary, dynamic block volumes that can be utilized by any host running the NVMeshblock client. These virtual volumes can be striped, mirrored or both while enjoying centralized management, monitoring and administration.
Western Digital Ultrastar Serv24-4N NVMe Storage Server
Ultrastar Serv24-4N details
Ultrastar Serv24-4N highlights
- 2U 4-Node Server with 24 2.5” NVMe SSD’s
- Compact – less than 1 meter depth
- Dual Intel Xeon Scalable Processor CPUs per node
- Up to 16 DDR4-2933 RDIMM support per node
- Flexible CPU and capacity options
- Supports NC-SI in OCP slot
- Up to 184TB total capacity with 7.68TB NVMe SSDs1
|Processors||Dual Intel Xeon Scalable Processors up to 165W, Up to 28 Cores per processor|
|DIMM Slots||Up to 1 TB DDR4 16 DIMMs 2933 MHz|
|Front Drive Bays||Up to 24 x SFF NVMe SSDs (6 per Node)|
|Power Supply||2x 2000W Platinum 100-240VAC, Hot Plug|
|PCIe Expansion||2x PCIe x16, 1x PCIe x8 OCP|
|Boot Media||Dual M.2 SATA SSD|
|Rear I/O||VGA, 2x USB2.0, 2x RS232, 1Gb Management Port (IPMI2.0)|
|Environmental||10oC – 35oC|
|Chassis Dimensions (Height x Width x Depth)||8.75 x 44.60 x 80.50 cm / 3.44 x 17.60 x 31.69 in|
|Weight||44.9kg including 24 NVMe SSDs|