- Provides high-speed, elastic storage to clusters, scaling linearly from a few pods to entire data centers of 100,000 nodes with heavy workloads
- Preserves the high-performance of bare-metal deployments on-premise and on public clouds
- Uses the underlying networking (RDMA and TCP/IP) and NVMe drives effectively and efficiently
- Unique, distributed Erasure Coding provides a cost-efficient way to allocate high-performance volumes to containers to meet peak demand
- Deployed within the Kubernetes clusters as Container-Native Storage, making day-to-day task management easy
NVMesh scales performance linearly at near 100% with a virtual, distributed non-volatile array, without requiring additional dedicated storage servers or appliances.
NVMesh on Kubernetes for Hyperscaler
The perfect synergy
As CI/CD teams transition to working remotely, the allocation of a large and scalable pool of servers has become crucial.
- Kubernetes is the natural solution, allowing not only a tried-and-tested environment, but also a way to leverage public cloud resources as a bursting option, even in hybrid deployment mode
- Working with Kubernetes requires container-native storage with a high set of performance, without any external entities
- Other Kubernetes storage providers aren’t able to provide these levels of performance
Excelero, a leading Kubernetes storage provider has developed NVMesh – a container-native software-defined storage solution for low-latency distributed block storage for web-scale applications.
- Intended for larger data centers with upwards of 100,000 nodes, the system avoids any centralized capability for the data path, enabling a direct application of NVMe to the data path
- The control and management plane components are shifted to the native container API-based operations
- The data path is left unaffected by the containerized nature of the Kubernetes environment
- NVMesh enables shared NVMe across any network, with support for any local or distributed file system
- It is container-native while preserving the performance characteristics of bare-metal storage software
Red Hat OpenShift
Excelero NVMesh has Red Hat OpenShift Operator Certification, so that storage architects can integrate high-performance, low-latency NVMe storage into hybrid and multi-cloud Red Hat deployments for even the most demanding applications.
Azure Kubernetes Service
Excelero brings the performance and value of NVMesh technology to Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) ensuring you get the efficiency, performance and scale from a native Azure service.